Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth tip of the day

Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth tip of the day

I had an issue with my '58 Fury where it would stretch the straps when I'd bang second gear and the u joint caps would walk out a little causing a vibration, I put in a pair of Moroso aluminum u-joint cradles to replace the straps and then when banging second the nuts would pop off of the bolt that holds the cradle in place  leaving only the thread. Next was aircraft grade aluminum nuts, then I twisted the driveshaft, morale of the story is your drive train is only as strong as your weakest part. By the way, my Fury has a '68 426 Hemi/4 speed / 4.10 Dana, I'm not doing this damage with a 318 or a 350.

Adam Lindenbaum