Re: [FWDLK] Front Brake Drum

I must have a bad mental picture. Why not just drill them out?

Crafted from carefully recycled verbiage

On Saturday, November 7, 2020, 3:39 PM, bjwt56 <00000a967395df00-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could you try a Drexel tool with abrasive wheel? I have had success removing locks with one by cutting through lock.

-------- Original message --------
From: Larry Ashbaugh <000003991ab8a71e-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/7/20 5:25 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Front Brake Drum

Just received a "nut-buster" to try to cut into the lug nuts.  No success at all.  The shape of these old wheels make it difficult to get the device level and even, but it did cut some (at an angle due to the shape of the wheel), but not enough to break the nut.  Good item to have, but not a solution in this case.

It is going to be either the machine shop, or a couple Forward Lookers have offered a replacement, and I think that is where I am leaning.....

Larry