[FWDLK] Power steering 1955 Imperial

     I am replacing the pressure and return hoses for the power steering on my 1955 Imperial.  The pressure hose had a small pin hole in it and they were original hoses.  How do I get the rest of the fluid out of the pump and steering unit so I can at least have most of the old fluid out?  I have a new filter.
      What level should the reservoir be as I didn't see any marking on the metal of the reservoir.  Should it just cover the filter?  The service manual does not say either (or at last I did't see it).
       The manual calls for type A for replacement of all oil.  But that is not around any more so I'm told.  SAE10W is what the manual calls for if just adding to top off the fluid.
       Thank you in advance.  I hope all of you are doing well thru this time of the virus.
Thank you,
Jack in Shinglehouse, PA  Rainy today but in the low 60's.