examples did have the ratio (?).

  Burger

===================

On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:48 PM, hemipowerflite . <hemipowerflite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Except...this isn't a 727. Speedo gears are different for cast iron vs. '62-'65 727 vs. '66-'80's 727 vs. 518. They are all different from each other so you need to understand which one you are dealing with. All the information given has been completely wrong because it doesn't apply to the cast iron torqueflite, which is what the forwardlook uses exclusively (other than the A-bodies).

Nathan

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 4:18 PM cpollock2 <cpollock2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Like he said.
Not to hawk another forum, but here's the details:

-------- Original message --------
From: Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 8/2/19 18:23 (GMT-05:00)
To: cpollock2 <cpollock2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] transmission

As described except you will need to “clock” the gear carrier. It has a series of notches in the outer rim of the carrier which you can line up with a tiny pointer notch on the tail shaft housing iirc. There is information out there as to where to clock the carrier for the size (teeth) of gear you are installing. This carrier wheel is offset mounted so it rotates to bring the gear into mesh with the drive gear on the tail shaft. This is what allows for the differing diameters of gear.