[FWDLK] 1955 Desoto Searchtune Radio For Sale

[FWDLK] 1955 Desoto Searchtune Radio For Sale

Hey Everyone -

I'm selling this 1955 Desoto Searchtune radio.

1955 was the first year Desoto offered this to the public. A rare option, you occasionally see this in the top-of-the-line Fireflite. But they seldom work, as age and early technology tended not to last for a 55 year old car.

However, my friend, an electronics expert, rebuilt this radio for me. He replaced numerous capacitors and tubes, resoldered weak connections, cleaned off the dried lithium grease and relubed everything. The result is that this radio not only plays, but the Searchtune mechanism works as well.

A couple of minor issues: The chrome bezel is shiny but has minor pitting. Some of the gold paint on the numbers on the front lens has come off. Also, the rear half of the fuse connector is missing. That should be an easy replacement.

Asking price is 650 or best offer. Shipping extra. .

Here is the link to the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ufCY1tFPktBc9um63

Thanks,

Ron