Re: [FWDLK] 1962 Resale

I don't know what kind of a deal it was, but in the summer of 1971 (soon
to begin my senior year @ Miami U.) my dad bought a 65 Murk Parklane
4-dr HT (loaded, coincidentaly) to drive to the Perrysburh OH CHRY
Stamping plant, where the torque converters were produced, for their
3PM-11PM shift (with me pulling some 2 & 4 hr overtime---the 4-hr shift
got to be tough, but I could sleep til it was time to go back to
work)....

The car was bought from a small corner-dealer, & daddy put some money
into it (I recall that we bought a new battery for it), but, he re-sold
the car for $900.00 at the end of the summer.

It's funny how big cars (& it was glacial) were commonly accepted for
general transportation purposes; probably, because all the "old" cars
like that 5+-year old Muck, were full-sized.

Neil Vedder