[FWDLK] Script Teaser....

Didja know that the entire Unveiling Show was so tightly controlled,
that there was (is) a formal
21 page SCRIPT, which was followed verbatim, by Sharon King Davis, and
John Erling???

Thanks, to a little quid pro quo with Glenn Barrett, I have received a
copy of it (along with
5 pages of congratulatory emails, to the Tulsarama Committee, and a few
more sundry-pages of stuff/info.

Glenn had procured a Press Pass, along with Michelle Harrod, for the New
Zealand "Petrolhead" (I know that feeling, there!) pulp  magazine.

After the Big Show was over, "there" was the show's SCRIPT, lying
abandoned, on the floor, so in the interests of Excellence in Reporting,
Glenn preserved it, for prosperity.

Glenn may make The Script available to the FWDLK, but he has  the
"original" show- document, which was computer-generated.

Turns out, the shows ad-libs really weren't!

There were a couple of surprises, in the script, which didn't play out,
though.

On Page 19, the stage-direction is to: " move back to Belvedere-more of
what's inside "

JOHN: "But we're not done looking at what's inside the car--we haven't
even tried to open the doors" ; Boyd: your crew should probably work on
that".

Stage Direction: Boyd's crew works on opening all FOUR [sic!] doors to
show car interior

( Wait for audience reaction)

IMAG: [that's the videographer] Beauty shots car interior ; John
describes treasures found inside car.

Of course, we all know that the Boydster-boys were quite able to get all
FOUR doors open, altho one of them did succeed in destroying the
driver's vent glass, & another one of his henchmen broke-off the
pass-door's inside handle.

Then: (and I won't go into great detail) at the end of the show there
was to have been an impromptu "skit" , involving the County Sheriff
(Glanz) and the Mayor (Taylor) wherein the mayor was to have decided, on
the stage,
:" Oh what the heck!   Let's just waive the fees! (regarding the
outstanding parking ticket which had been left inside the glove box).

Mayor/Sheriff waives fine and drops all charges "just this once!"
Officially bequeath the Parking Ticket to the Tulsa Historical Society.

SHERIFF GLANZ:  "Okay then, with your permission Mayor, I'll drop all
charges--"

Actually, the Script would appear to go on past Page 21, so, maybe Glenn
didn't liberate all of "The Really big 'Shoe' "....

The script doesn't really have The Codpiece doing much, at the Show, and
the Tulsarama committee was expecting to find the "micro-
film" inside the car (instead of finding hand-written guess-listing, &
misc postcard-guesses) inside the Time Capsule.

The Script also 'believes' that the car's battery was expected to have
been found inside the trunk (instead of being left, in-place, in the
engine compartment.

So, Glenn may post the Script, to the FWDLK website, but, now, I gotta
go mail-off  my EXTRA-remaining / his-NOW Forwardlook Whiskey tumbler ,
because the good-folks in US (?) Customs BROKE his tumbler, that he
bought off of my stash, that I had brought along to Tulsa, and sold-off,
out of my car's trunk!

Neil Vedder