Re: [FWDLK] Tulsa Roll Call?

Replying to this message enroute from home in Oregon, we are now in Farmington, NM with Mr. Finzzz.  Will arrive Wednesday and are staying at the DoubleTree.  My dad and I are driving, and my wife Tawnya will be flying in on Friday.

I think before I left home I reported that I had received my exhibitor's packet, and that the packet showed that Mr. Finzzz was to be parked in the furthest away corner of the exhibit hall from the buried car.  The layout plan showed Virgil was to be surrounded by 12 cars in a semi-circle.  I sent a couple of emails to the "placement committee" (apparently there are about 60 committees for the Tulsarama event) and in one of them I said it looked like the buried car will be surrounded by Fords, Chevys, and a couple of local councilmen's hot rods.

While in Moab, UT, I got a call from "Bill", who is on the placement committee, and said that I was basically right!  But he also managed to get Mr. Finzzz moved closer.  He told me that the back end of Mr. Finzzz would now be the closest car to the buried car.  So that's cool.

I can imagine the political pressures the organizers must be feeling right about now.  I'm sure they can't wait for June 20 to get here!

Mark   mjh

Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are going to Tulsa next week, and what hotel are you staying in?

-Dave & Juley @ The Doubletree