Re: [FWDLK] 57 Mopar Front Carb on e-bay

Re: [FWDLK] 57 Mopar Front Carb on e-bay

Garrett wrote:

I'm not up to par on the value of 1957 Mopar front carburetors, but will people actually pay that much for an unrebuilt "original" front carb from a 57 Mopar? Obviously it hasn't sold and has no bids, so it's not at a price where people will bid on it just to have an extra, but I'm guessing he wouldn't price it that high if they haven't sold for that much before.
So what do these generally go for?

Welllllll, generally if a GM nut is not too anal to demand 100% accuracy then these carbs are VERY usefull to them, GM didnt buy WCFB's that were this big. With the right changing of parts to make a frankinstein carb they can get the looks for "Thats Right" and better performance. AND since I firmly believe that there are more 2x4 carb'ed GM cars of the 55-64 vintage running now (of Cource this is "Correct") then were actually sold new by GM this does affect the $$$ WCFB's in the GM world see spent on them. On average REAL GM 2x4 carbs, a set, average between $1200 to $1800 per set. Strickly on demand I figger. On occasion I have seen them exceed $2,000 for a set.

Sort of like trying to buy a 'Correct' set for the 426 hemi, at swaps usually serious $$.

BUT this summers ACN saw the extreem I think, the asking $$ for a set of 69 Hemi 2x4's $3,000 EACH!!!! I believe the vender took those carbs home with him.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy