Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Power Steering Hose

In a message dated 6/5/2005 8:28:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I recently purchased NAPA 7-1108 power steering hose for my 58 Ply after
> someone mentioned that this is the correct one for my car. As it turns
> out,
> it's too long and has a 90 degree bend where it connects to the steering
> column. Does anyone know a NAPA part number for the correct 58 Ply high
> pressure steering hose,

I know a lot of discussion has been going on relative to this subject but the comment about the 90 degree bend compels me to respond.  You don't want it too long so pick the hose by the length and then straighten the fittings.   I just insert a mandrill or other piece of rod into the end and straighten it out and they work just great... You can't get it back to 180 degrees but you can get very close.    Marv