Re: [FWDLK] Safety Question - Thoughts on Seat Belts

Re: [FWDLK] Safety Question - Thoughts on Seat Belts

With respect to the floor plate. Julio's make a floor plate kit. The real gem to this is that the edges of the plate are radiused, this means it takes much more force to pull it through the metal than something like a large fender washer. So its more likely to pull and deform the metal then to cut through like a fender washer. It is similar and I think superior to some of the design used on many stock vehicle seat belt application.
P.S. I am an engineer and we worked a problem like this back in my days with a slide rule and the difference in the force required to pull thorough a radiused and non radiused edge is huge. I remember the concept. Not sure I could still do the calculation.

Do you Yahoo!?