Re: [FWDLK] Lots of questions.

The ring gear is a separate part from the torque converter, it is an
interference fit so it's on there tight.There are usually some tack welds
on the seam on one side to keep things from moving. You can usually knock
it off with a chisel and your favorite big hammer, support the converter
securely and smack the ring gear just outside the welds. I haven't bought
one lately, but a few years ago they were still only about fifteen bucks
and available just about anywhere.When you put the new one on, it helps to
heat it a little first to swell it a little bit(just don't turn it red).The
same piece services both auto and manual trannies so they should be easy to
come by.

Mike