[FWDLK] Ratio adapters & Strut bushings

Thanx to David Homstad, who told me about ACI company, "in Michigan" @
616-327-1991, which makes "ratio-adapters", which receive the end of
'your' speedo/odo cable, and which, then, "connect" to the trannie, and
which, then,
correct the speedo/odo error @ those dashboard  - 'gauges'.

Dave can give you info on the differences between speedo & odo errors,
which CAN be different, but I'm only interested in correcting the
way-too-fast odo error (thanx to slightly-smaller P225/75R14 tires, AND
my 3:55 Sure-Grip.)

ACI "assured" Dave & me that they make/sell a ratio-adapter that will
'fit' our Iron T/flites; they just needed the % of error to dial-in to
their device. I figger that my odo is now 15% too-high, so I ordered one
( $55.00) , but haven't received it , yet. I'll let "you" know what
transpires, with it.

Then, too, I finally got around to ordering the
"polygraphite" strut bushings for my car, today.

I first called PST, who informed me, catagorically, that there wasn't
any "poly" bushings that would fit my car:  "Go away".

Not wanting to take "F-U"  (essentially) as an answer , I called Just
Suspension, ("Bob")  who politely informed me that "all" black-colored
'plastic' bushings are graphite-impregnated, AND that , altho there are
not any "poly" bushings that fit our cars, J-S DOES STOCK "Heavy-duty",
2-piece  Front-Strut-Bar 'rubber' bushings , which "greatly'" increase
the handling of our cars, as the 'standard' 1-piece
"bullet" bushing are relatively poorly designed, and wear-out quickly
(like mine have done, apparently).

So, I ordered a set ($36.00) , & will let "you" know how well they
perform, too--as I'll have the ratio adapters & the bushings be
installed @ the same time.

Later, Dudes (& Dudettes)

Neil Vedder
57 D-500