Re: [FWDLK] Power brakes

--- Zach Collie <Zachsgsx@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> WELL-----EXCUSE ME ( to quote Steve Martin) for
> being a GM GUY (for the most part)  Give a guy a
> break for being new to these cars!  A little help
> and encouragement goes a long way in helping KEEP
> new members in the hobby(or at least this segment
> of the hobby, I'm by no means new to the old car
> hobby!) Making fun of people doesn't help a
> bit!!! I'm thoroughly offended! Thanks for the
> help and education--not!           Zach--

Zach seems to be responding to my Treadle-Vac comment
so I guess I need to say this to all in case anyone
else was offended. Zach, I was hoping to laugh with
you, not at you. The last thing I wanted to do was
make fun of you or offend you. And there's nothing
wrong with being a GM guy, especially if you're lucky
enough to own a Buick GSX, as it sounds from your
e-mail address like you do. While Chrysler stuff is my
primary thing, I've owned a number of non-MoPar
vehicles including maybe 20 GM cars, many of which I
wish I kept. (Ask me some time about my irrational
love of fullsize '62 Pontiacs...)

The really funny thing about Treadle-Vacs is that I
believe Chrysler may have been the only manufacturer
that did NOT use them on at least some applications. I
know Ford and AMC used them in addition to GM (not
sure about Studebaker/Packard though). And we do tend
to embrace those things that make our cars different
from other makes, whether it's something as major as
this or as minor as left-handed lug thread.

I don't know if this explanation is satisfactory to
you but I did not want to offend you or anyone else
and apologize for apparently having done so.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop