[FWDLK] The Old Girl's Still Got It

Hi All! Today was a great day in Kelseyville. My '57 Belvedere took to the road again after sitting for 7 years. There were smiles all around as she turned over and the engine just purred. My husband, Matt, drove her around the block to make certain the brakes really did work. Then off they went with me following close behind. As we made the 2 mile trek to our other house, everyone we passed paused to take a look at her. Even with faded paint she's still a looker. Well enough gushing. Sorry, I just can't help it. The short drive home was uneventful. But it brought to our attention a few new things that need fixing. So here it goes. Does anyone have or happen to know were I can get a blinker handle? Here's a little mystery for you. We thought we needed a new speedometer cable, but we don't, because the odometer works. The speedometer does not work. What's wrong? The thought is that maybe the speedometer itself is broken. Any advice? I'll leave you with this; It's not how far you drive, it's the quality of the ride. Matt says she drives like a tank, but that just means she's perfect. Maybe someday we'll give her a proper name, then Savannah will have a new friend on the road. Happy motoring.

-Leah Odom-
'57 Belvedere 4dr sedan
'55 Belair 4dr sedan