[FWDLK] The New Yorker not only runs now, it stops too!

[FWDLK] The New Yorker not only runs now, it stops too!

Evening all:

It is with a smile on my face that I get to write you all and say that our
New Yorker is stopping again. For those in the back of the class who haven't
been following along, we have spent the last few weeks installing the AAJ
disc brake conversion and a dual master cylinder. After a month's time, and
three weekends worth of work we have completed the job. I must say my pulse
quickened as Pat (my housemate and part owner of our car) backed it down the
drive way and onto the street. We pulled up to the stop sign and gild
smoothly to a stop. So far so good...cross the street...build up a little
more speed, another smooth stop. Go around the block to an almost empty
street, slam on the brakes! Wow, a perfectly smooth, straight stop with no
lock up. We spent the next half hour driving around and alternating between
hard and smooth stops. Back home we opened the hood and inspected for leaks
and found none. The brakes never squeaked, squealed or chattered, and trying
as hard as we could be couldn't get it to lock up. The car now stops as
straight and surely as a brand new car. Thanks Roger!

New Dual master cylinder from NAPA
Combination valve from 1987 Caprice

Working together like magic.

Stay tuned for the URL to a web page detailing our experiences. We ran into
some problems, some fixed easily, some taking a little work. Over all it was
a great experience, and as a result one more FL car is back on the roads!

-Andrew Goodney
1956 New Yorker

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html