[FWDLK] Name that spindle

Well the New Yorker finally went up on blocks yesterday so we could start
working on the first phase of our disc brake conversion. Several hours into
the project we ran into a little problem. It seems that our 1956 New Yorker
has two different spindles, and the bracket included in the AAJ brake kit
doesn't fit the passengers side spindle. Roger (from AAJ, a very helpful
business man, I highly suggest doing business with him if you can) promptly
returned my call, and was as surprised as I was. He approved my suggested
modification, requiring only a little grinding of the bracket.

My question to the list: Can you name that spindle? Take a look at the
pictures, based on information from Roger, the drivers side spindle is the
"correct" one. Where did the other come from?

drivers side: http://www.seniorblanco.com/~chrysler/img/drivers_spindle.jpg
passengers:
http://www.seniorblanco.com/~chrysler/img/passengers_spindle.jpg

So heads up if your working on a project like this! I forgot you never
really know what these old cars have had done to them over the years. Stay
tuned for a full report on the brake conversion.

Thanks,
-Andrew Goodney
1956 New Yorker

www.seniorblanco.com/~chrysler/