[FWDLK] I'm picking up NO vibrations

I took delivery on the universal joint housing yesterday for the '55
Plymouth, today I dropped the shaft and took it to the shop.  (You were
right, Jack, the pin has to be pressed out before the housing will come
off.)  He put the new housing on for me, and I had a look at the old one.
No wonder the body wanted to jump off the chassis!  Worn into one side of
the run for the roller bearing, was a deep depression.  The play in the
bearings at this critical point must have been responsible for the
vibrations under no-load conditions -- because the gremlin is completely
gone.  Furthermore, under load the depression must have thrown the
driveshaft slightly off-center, because the vibrations at around 50 mph are
gone.  It runs as smooth as silk -- I didn't know you could hear the motor!
Savannah is running great.

Not a bad day's work for the World's Slowest Auto Mechanic.

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy