[FWDLK] Gas Tank Repair

Hiya!

I had a similar problem with my 59 Coronet which had sat for a decade.  I
faced two problems:  No fuel flow even with a new fuel pump, and algae
growing in the old gas.  I pulled the tank and removed the fuel pick-up - the
tube was completley clogged with sediment and trash, and had to be reamed out
using coat hander wire, small screwdrivers, etc.  Then I took the tank itself
to a local radiator shop - they flushed it and then treated it with a sealer
to stop rust and prevent leaks.  I put everything back together 3 years ago,
and have had no problems since.

Most radiator shops can clean and seal the tank for you.  The cost is about
$60

Bob Stein
1959 Dodge