[FWDLK] DeSoto DeSpair

    Hello again list.  I was looking at the DeSoto again tonite, trying to
figure it out.  I have faith that my carb rebuild job is not at fault for
the rough running and wet, fouled plugs.  I don't want to replace the fuel
pump just yet.  I am targeting the ignition first.  My question is:  Is it
normal for the rotor to move 5/8 of an inch when you twist it back and
fourth by hand?  A little while ago I replaced the cap and rotor on the car.
 When I started it up, the rotor broke off.  I got a new rotor that fit,
but I'm wondering if that breaking may have screwed up the distributor.

Thanks,
-Eli Collins