From: David Homstad <Dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] king pins for 56 Dodge
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 02:36:38 -0600

Scott,

According to the Parts Book, unless you have a D500 with 12 inch Chrysler
brakes, there is only one king pin package for all 55/56 Dodges, both 6 and
8: P/N 947 557. This P/N is good for all 46 - 56 Dodges (and some 35 - 55
Chryslers) with 11 inch brakes. The FSM makes no reference to a difference
between 6 and 8 or to an application without needle bearings. Dodges 39 -
54
and Plymouths 39 - 56 with 10 inch brakes use P/N 933 435. My guess is 947
557 has upper needle bearings and 933 435 has 2 bushings.

Tried NAPA? Chrysler/DeSoto in 55/56 had different P/Ns, depending on if
you
have power brakes.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500