[FWDLK] '55-'56 Power Steering Hose

Hello all,

After doing some research he is what I've come up with.  I did purchase a
P/S hose listed for '56 through '64 New Yorkers.  It looked very close
including the reducer in the middle, but the tubing ends were more straight
forward.  Although the ends were different it did install on my '55 C300
without any problems.

One change I had to make was that my car had a male fitting at the pump end
and all of my '56 pumps are female which is what the replacement hose is set
up for.  I made this change from a spare pump in my parts section and that
was it.  Now the car drives without any noise or vibration.

Today I'm ordering (2) more of the same.  One will go on my '56 New Yorker
and the other into my parts section for future use.  There was no brand name
on the box, but the part # is CON 14064.  List is shown on the invoice at
$38.75 and I paid $18.79 including tax.  When I had custom hoses made they
were in the $40 to $50 range.

Hope the membership will find this of some help and thanks to all who
responded to my original e-mail.

John Lazenby