Re: [FWDLK] Windshield Replacement

Mike,

Sorry about the tech talk!  Now to the glass...

Just had the w/s in my LHS replaced yesterday in my driveway in 45 minutes for $00.00.  I asked the installer if they ever did "older" cars and he responded that his boss loves to do older cars and in fact he was doing a 48 Chrysler back in the shop!

My deductible was waived (don't know how they do that but I'm not arguing!) My son recommended them since he had his Durango w/s replaced the day earlier and couldn't say enough good things about them.  My LHS w/s is as good as new with new OE glass and molding, no mess, no bother. The only difference from original is they used a polyurethane sealant they buy from Audi which the installer described as better than the original Chrysler sealant.

Check to see if you have a company called "Visions Auto Glass" - they make house calls.

Brian
D500s in MI

Mike & Sharon Higgins wrote:

After my request for a source to obtain a windshield for my 1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe, I was pleased to see a great number of respondents writing a plethora of data about "Green Tints", Solex, availablibility of dealer options, and so on.But is it posssible that everyone missed the point?  HEY GUYS! I need a windshield!  Anybody know where to get one? Anyway, there is no doubt that information about Forward Look Cars is abundant in this list.  Sometimes I laugh at the technical advice, but you guys have great discussions about options and originality of them.  Thanks for the notes. B/T/W.......Anybody know where I can get a windshield?