Re: [FWDLK] Engine (motor mounts) solution

Re: [FWDLK] Engine (motor mounts) solution

I think that lot of people on the board have never done that much
customizing work.  Many like myself are seeking guidance and direction. This
is certainly the first time I have undertaken anything of this scale.
Although my car will have a different powertrain one of my requirements is
servicability. I want to be able to drive it anywhere and if anything
happens be able to service it with off the shelf parts.  The solution I am
exploring will allow allow me (or my children when i am gone) to obtain
readily available replacement parts.  I will of course need to put together
a list of part numbers for all the non original items.
Scott

>From: LARSPAINTR@AOL.COM
>To: L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
>Subject: [FWDLK] Engine (motor mounts) solution
>Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:28:38 EDT
>
>Well I M not sure what all the hullabaloo about the mounts is.   If it isnt
>stock  anymore, i.e. an engine swap, original really doesnt matter.  You do
>the thing street rodders have done for 50 years and fabricate your own.  A
>search through a few rod parts catalogs shows many still use the old, low
>cost, easily obtainable donut- simply a compression type mount.  You
>fabricate the 'ears' to bolt onto the existing holes in your block using
>cardboard mockup.  Likewise similar ears or tabs to the frame.
>Or pay someone else to do this if you cant weld.  This 'problem' of mounts
>has been solved tens of thousands of times this way.
>Even Chrysler has played with 'em, even for just the 55 and 56's being
>different.
>As the saying goes- 'just do it!".
>
>LARS
>
>In scenic West Michigan USA