Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

I guess I just can't keep silent on this one! Having been involved in
running many shows and events over the years, I can understand charging
admission to spectators, and a fee for showing your car. But there are
limits, and the majority of the shows are reasonable; $3-5.00 for spectators
and $8-15.00 for show cars. At our club's Spring show (Greater NY Region of
AACA), we try to get as many antique and vintage (pre-1930) vehicles as
possible, so they are admitted at no charge. The best "deal" in the show
circuit has to be the AACA National Meet at Hershey in the Fall. This is the
grand-daddy of them all, with over 2,000 show cars, 1800 cars for sale in
the corral, and over 12,000 vendor spaces! Show car registration is $15.00
although you must be a member of AACA, and spectator admission is FREE to
all!! This is a 5-day event and draws spectators and participants from
around the globe. The promoter of that show with the $40.00 entry fee and
$10.00 admission should be boycotted!

Ross Klein
'56 Imperial sedan
'60 DeSoto Adventurer
'Life's too short to drive 'ordinary' cars"