[FWDLK] Runaway Throttle

Can anyone on the list verify something I heard recently? I have been
experiencing this problem on my '55 plymouth (6 cylinder, standard) and
someone told me they had a similar problem with an older non-Mopar make. If
you press hard on the accelerator while the engine is under load the throttle
will lock in the wide open position and the transmission will slip out of
gear causing the engine to race.  I have managed to shut it down each time
without incident but obviously this is a safety issue.  I was told this
malfunction can be caused by a broken motor mount. Since then I have been
wondering if this can also cause the exhaust manifold to crack
(another problem I have).   Any thoughts or suggestions would be much
appreciated.
Thanks

Bob McGrath
'55 Savoy 4 door