[FWDLK] exhaust manifold butterfly

 I took my 58 Savoy out for it's maiden voyage the other day. It drove
nice but after a couple miles it overheated. The hoses look new, the
waterpump is new and the belt is fine.  After the car cooled down
overnight I started it up and felt the intake manifold, it was hot
around the choke and cool around the intake ports. The butterfly was
definitly frozen, I've since loosened it up with some penetrating oil
and I want it to stay open. Question is, What's open? All the way
clockwise? or all the way counter-clockwise?
 Thanks to all,
 Larry Gardinier