Re: [FWDLK] POR-15

POR-15 does not stick to bare metal well at all. But rusty metal it grabs
with a vengence. The POR-15 metal prep actually leaves a coating on the
metal (I think zinc if I recall correctly) to help it adhere. I've made the
mistake in the past of cleaning TOO much of the rust off of metal and had
problems.

                    Ron Waters
                    <Ronbo97@xxxxxxxx>         To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by: Forward           cc:
                    Look Mopar                 Subject:     Re: [FWDLK] POR-15
                    Discussion List
                    <L-FORWARDLOOK@LIST
                    S.PSU.EDU>

                    03/23/01 10:11 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Ron Waters

All -

The Metal Prep should be used when derusting light to medium rust to
promote
a better adhesion.  Using it on freshly sandblasted metal is overkill and
not necessary.   BTW, I've used Oxy-Solv, which should still be available
from Eastwood, and find it to be far better at derusting metal than the
Metal Prep.

Ron