[FWDLK] Dual master cylinder on early Mopar

[FWDLK] Dual master cylinder on early Mopar

Hi all...
I changed my '56 Savoy master cylinder over to a '76
or '77 Volare unit without a booster, but I am running
a Volare front end (slid on square tubing stubbed into
stock frame...forgive me, but this gives good brakes
and torsion bar suspension). Even with discs the non
boosted cylinder works very nicely...better feel than
with booster.  I like it.

I cannot say whether this would work well with drum
brakes.  Does anyone have this info??????????

The newer unit slides right onto the orginal mounting
bolts (perfect fit) and the only thing I had to do was
to grind the original stock '56 pushrod a bit on the
end to fit into the newer cylinder.  Pedal and all
remain perfectly stock '56.  Very simple and clean
installation.  (I used the stock proportioning valve
from the Volare in my case.....)

Hope this helps some...

Del Christensen  <midnight340@xxxxxxxxx>