[FWDLK] Dear FWDLK freinds, Help!: Moral delima.............

[FWDLK] Dear FWDLK freinds, Help!: Moral delima.....................

Thanks my FWDLK bruthas, beforehand...................
OK. Here Goes..............
I took my 59 Belle to my mechanic to get a Holley four barrell and Manifold
put in. Whilst there my car was broken into and my speakers were stollen and
the Holley carb I had just bought. Now I had called him that Friday and
allerted him that I had left the part in the back seat so he could get it.
That weekend the breakin occured. I had that car locked up tight. They musta
used a Jimmy stick to get into it. Now his place is fenced in and barb wired
accross the top. He shares the building with several other auto
shops..........all reputable. Now hes trying first off to get me to get my
insurance to pay................ but no dice. To smart for that one. so he
says hell eat the cost of the carb and well worry about the speakers later
after he talks to his insurance co more.............supposedly they wont
cover anything left outside. . I need the car back now and actually am now
worried about it even being at his shop.
    Now someone suggested that I get him to fix her, pay him, imediately
cancell the check, get my stereo repaired/ replaced with the exact same
components and then send him a check immediately for the difference.
    Otherwise most likely I'll be out the price of the stereo. Any other
suggestions? Something More fair?
    THE PROBLEM IS............    I smell something fishy. While there at
his shop some guy shows up with my exact
carburetor...............................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
I would allmost swear its the same box...........same bend in the top.
Perhaps I'm paranoid. It is a small shop though..................and this
part is supposedly going onto a buddy of mines car. I'm going to call him
after this just in case.....................can I trace serial numbers on
the carb?
Again, help! What would you guys do?.....................r