Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth Sheet Metal Replacement

Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth Sheet Metal Replacement

George,

I'm highly interested by any information that you may gather concerning
sheetmetal repair panels or floors. My '58 Belvedere 2-dr hardtop is not so
rare as yours (no AC, no PW, no PS) but I do want it to be restored to the
maximum. On my car, the rusted-out areas are :

. rocker panels
. both right and left front lower rear quarters
. right rear lower rear quarters
(those areas were crudly repaired by some dumb bodyman some years ago)
. floors and truck pans were replaced sometime ago but again not very well
made

>From what I know so far, there's no repro sheetmetal available for those '58
Plymouths to the exception of floors (http://www.classicfabrication.com/).
I'm still searching for decent repairs panels for my rear quarters. I tried
several times to contact Rocker King (http://www.execpc.com/~sonoma/) but to
no avail. They seem to have NOS sheetmetal panel repairs. BodyParts
unlimited (http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/index.html) also lists several
sheetmetal panels that are taken from parts cars.

Any other info on your side is welcome ... By the way, if you have any parts
for sale I'm also interested !!!

Thanks.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe