Re: [FWDLK] I love my car, but..........

Re: [FWDLK] I love my car, but..........

Joe and Nancy M wrote:

> whines on the first attempt and then it engages.  Once the cellinoid was
> clicking and I had to tap it.  Could they drain the battery dead and keep it
> dead, or is it most likely a problem with the generator?

Well, if the solenoid was stuck, you'd know it.  The starter wouldn't stop
spinning.  My guess is a voltage regulator problem first, and a generator
problem second.  Any older generator/alternator/starter rebuild shop should be
able to check it out for you and let you know what's up...

-Dave