[FWDLK] Forward Look Cousin!?

I have started a search for my wife's 'toy'.  She wants a Karmann Ghia
convertible (cabriolet as the ghia mail list likes to point out!).  I am
growing more fond of the car as I have started researching them and looking
for one.  Doesn't quite meet my Mopar expectations, but it is a neat little
car.

Anyway..... the Forward Look bit of this email.  It appears as though our
hero Virgil Exner takes credit for the design of the Karmann Ghia.  It is a
long complicated story involving several sources, but it is clear that Exner
designed a car for some guy in Italy (or was it France?).  This guy was
involved in making the Ghia a reality, whereupon Karmann was able to
convince VW to let him build it.  It appears to be confusing and there are a
couple people who claim to have designed the car.  Truth may be that it was
a combination.  At any rate, it appears Exner had some influence over the
Karmann Ghia at about the same time he was working on the new Forward Look
line for Chrysler in the 1953 time frame.

I think this would make it a Forward Look cousin and makes me much happier
about the prospects of one in the barn with the 55 Belvedere!!

See ya,  Joe.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5768
55 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Club Coupe V8 Auto Red/WHITE Sport Tone.
http://www.infopage.com/plymouth/