Re: [FWDLK] Car Haul Requests

In a message dated 2/15/00 8:19:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brians@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Back in January we discussed getting a list together for car
>  transports this spring. I haven't seen any more about it and
>  am wondering how we can re start the effort.  Is this the
>  complete list? If so, we will need some quotes. (see below)
>
>  Any ideas Dan D. or Dan M.?  Or anyone else?
>
>  Brian
I was on this list to have a car transported from Georgia to Las Vegas.  I
found that after sending about 20 emails, faxes, and phone calls requesting
rates for myself and the list, I found little interest by carriers to offer a
flat discount because all the cars were being picked up and delivered all
over the place.  Discounts are readily available if you have more than one
vehicle, to ship together from the same origination point to the same
destination.  However, I am happy to report among the quotes I selected
Premier Auto Transport at 1-800-326-4009.  My car(1952 Chrysler Crown
Imperial 8 Passenger) was picked up in Georgia on Wednesday, and was sitting
in my driveway 1971 miles later on the following Saturday morning.  The total
cost was $850, and I can't say enough about their courteous and professional
manner of doing business.  They are simply nice people to deal with.  If you
decide to get a quote mention the haul they did for me, and I know they will
"sharpen their pencil."
                                Bill Borton