[FWDLK] Door Needed

It might be interesting to note some stuff about that 880.
The front sheet metal is the same as a production 61 Dodge, with minor
differences in the grille.  I believe the 880 has an extra strip of
stainless at the bottom, and the "vents" at the top of the grille are
stamped out and not painted.  BIG Dodge ornament in the center - very cool,
matches the neato spinner wheel covers.

The dash is same as production 61 Dodge and remains similar throughout 1964.

>From the cowl back it is strictly 62 Chrysler.  Dodge added a large
stainless molding which ran nearly full length of the car, added really cool
looking "c" pillar ornaments, added a strip of stainless across the trunklid
and added Dodge scripts.
The ornaments on the sides of the front fenders are left overs from '61 New
Yorkers.

The 880 was created rather quickly as the new "downsized" 62 Dodges were not
selling well and Dodge dealers were screaming for a "big" car.  Chrysler
figured that this was a quick way to offer a full size car in the Dodge line
without having to rethink, or re style mid-year. 1963 saw a change in front
sheet metal, but the basic body shell was still 62 Chrysler.  The tail
lights were adjusted in 63, and then again in 64.  The front sheet metal in
63 was changed, and a mild adjustment in 64.  The 63 and 64 880 used 63
Chrysler front bumpers, the 63 880 still used the 62 Chrysler rear bumper,
and I can't remember what happened in 64 to the rear bumper.

I owned a 4 drhdtp for a while and I absolutely loved it.  Mine was white
with a copper top, with a 98% original interior.  Neat car, and as Jim's is
a drop-top, quite rare I would imagine.  You'll have a hard time finding
literature, owners and shop manuals for a 62 880, but mechanically it is the
same as a 62 Chrysler!

I always thought that Chrysler could have fielded one more DeSoto using this
very technique of combining body panels.  I once saw an artist's conception
of a 62 DeSoto.  He took a production 62 Newport, added the 880 side
moldings, made the Newport Grille ornament into a DeSoto ornament, put a
Dodge dash in it, and voila!  A 62 DeSoto.  Hmmmmmm.  Hey Jim?

Enjoy!
Mark