[FWDLK] engine and tranny removal

Hi Forwardlookers,
        I am in the process of removing engine and tranny from my 59
Belvedere.  I can't seem to get the trans parking brake to clear the
crossmember.  I have an equalizer on the hoist and have repositioned my
hoist chains several times, as well as cranked on the equalizer in both
directions.  What is the trick to this, any ideas????  Do I need to
remove brake assembly???  Helllpp!!!
        I found the correct vacumn chamber in the trunk in a box of junk, I
guess it should run better when I eventually get the engine back in the
car after redoing the frame and rebuilding the engine and trans.  Once
again thanks for any and all help!

John in WI