Re: [FWDLK] Maybe the last [FWDLK] Nordstrom response?

-----Original Message-----
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, January 08, 2000 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Nordstrom response

>I'm sure Mr. [Blake] Nordstrom had no idea of what was going on in the
biggest ad
>campaign his company had ever undertaken. It'd be silly to think someone
>might want to take an interest in their company.

Look, guys and gals from the other side of the continent, and places in
between...  check out the Nordstrom history on their webpage.  Grampa
Nordstrom got some money out of the Alaska gold rush and went into the shoe
business in Seattle.  I have several friends who have been with Nordy's off
and on for 25 years or so.  It's a good solid local [regional] company with
a great reputation.  My impresion [which of course could be wrong] is that
if your name is Nordstrom you have a place in the company.  It's that sort
of tight knit family company, though now they're trying to grow out of their
boots [pun intended].

My point--  who knows whether Mr. Blake Nordstrom has to do anything for his
paycheck, let alone approve ad copy.  He says that he did the honorable
thing and had the ad taken off the air the first time he saw it.  Who knows
for sure, certainly not the people on this list who persist in roasting him.

When this thread first started I was all behind it, but now it's getting to
be tedious.  Out here in the great Pacific Northwest where I [and Mr.
Nordstrom] come from, a guy admits he made a mistake, says he's sorry, and
then we get on with life.  After we come in out of the rain.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA