Re: [FWDLK] Film stars

Joe and Nancy M wrote:

> If I remeber correctly, the beginning of "The Love Bug" (remember Herbie!!?)
> begins with some racing scenes (figure 8?) that has lots of old Mopars.  I
> would think they should be Forward Look cars!  Can anyone verify this?

I believe so --  My '58 Plymouth is an honorary '58 "Full Size" Volkswagen with
the Three Rivers VW Club here in Pittsburgh...  A couple of people mentioned
something about that at a VW meet when my "Christine" and an original
honest-to-goodness "Herbie" were sitting side by side.

Also, for '58 Plymouth spotters,  "Animal House" has a '58 parked outside to the
right of the front walk.  Mrs. Wormer runs into it later in the film.

There is a made-for-tv Christmas movie where a guy steals a '58 with a Christmas
tree on top to get away from a bank robbery, then finds it has two kids in the
back seat.  The car goes into a river later in the story, but somehow when it
skids off of the bridge it miraculously turns into a '57 Dodge...

The made-for-tv movie "The Temptations" (available now at Wal-Mart for $6.44)
has my car in it in at least 3 scenes...

The old Betty White TV show "Date with the Angels" features a '58 Plymouth
convertible...

The movie "Hoffa" has a '57 Dodge Coronet 4-door..

Oh, almost forgot:  "Christine", of course... And "Cat's Eye" has a quick cameo
by Christine, and "My Science Project" has a couple of "Christine" references...

-Dave