[FWDLK] What is wrong with people.

I went to look at a truck for a buddy of mine. The Description read
Description
0% Rust,Rot, or dents on this Primed and ready for restoration beauty.Garage
kept for over 8 years.
The bodywork wad done and the truck was primed Gray and and left to sit.
Needs bottom up restoration except for body,glass & seat. Best Offer

So I emailed the guy and his response was
Nick, let me tell you more about this baby, if you rebuilt the engine ( a
>>straight 6 with an oil bath carb) and tranny  (3 speed on the column)
>>on this puppy, rebuild the brake system and do basic suspension
>>rework shes ready to roll...how far you want to go on interior ,
>>paint and refinishing the wood on the bed is another story ie: fully
>>functional good looking operating classic or a full on show truck ....
>>
>>the glass is in perfect shape the body has no rot except for a few
>>spots on the rain lip around the top of the cab. the bench seat is in
>>perfect shape as is the inside of the cab aside from the door panels
>>and interior chrome.... the spare is under the bed which is a 6
>>footer i think ???

So I get up at 5:30 am this morning and take a 2hour trek out to Brooklyn
NY. Which alone really sucks.
I get there and the truck is in a structure I/m not sure you'd call a
garage, It has 4 flat tires and
the garage floor is dirt/mud. Both front floors and cabmounts and cab
corners have patch panels riveted it, with one of the patch panles already
rotted. The rockers had rot holes in them. All the bed wood was shot. There
was a pop riveted panel holding the bfront bedwall in. Both rear fenders had
rot holes at the mountings and the truck was covered in surface rust and the
hood had rot.
I was so pissed, I wanted to knock the guy out
I just told him this isn't anywhere near  what you advertised, he told me he
hadn't looked at the truck in awhile.
So I just left. It cost me a tank of super unleaded and $21.00 in tolls for
the two bridges because this guy is a jerk.

I just had to vent to someone

Nick

Nick Sperduto
N.J.