[FWDLK] Another Chapter of my Wierd Brake Story

[FWDLK] Another Chapter of my Wierd Brake Story

My 59 Dodge Coronet brake system has been a nightmare from the start.  As
mentioned before,  ALL compoenents have been replaced, bled upteen times, and
professionally adjusted and tested.  The pedal still goes halfway to the
floor on the first stroke, with full pedal on the second.

I measured the front brakes.  11 inch x 2.5 inch drums, with 2.5 inch wide
brake shoes.  The charts I have found call for 2-inch brake shoes on the
front, but these seem to work fine.  The shoes fit the contours of the drum
perfectly, and there is no problem with dragging.

Question is, what kind of brakes are these?  Special Service?  Heavy Duty?  I
am reasonably certain that this 39K original car did not have the brake
system modified. I still have to pull the rear hubs to check there - i
suspect that the rear shoes are too small, making them travel too far and
causing the pedal problem.

Bob Stein