Re: [FWDLK] Trunk Mat

--- Russell Housen <GoDesoto@AOL.COM> wrote:

> I was hoping someone would have the part # for a
> trunk mat for a 1959 Desoto.
> Was the mat's style unique to that year? I have the
> opportunity to purchase
> one but the owner is not sure of the year. He thinks
> it's for a 59 and he
> gave me the part # to check it out.

I used to own a '59 Firedome.  IIRC '57-'59 all used
the same trunk mat; mine had what looked like the
factory mat with '57-'58 "DESOTO" lettering.

A Chrysler mat for the same years would physically fit
but would have the wrong lettering.

Like so many things of this era, what works for
Firedome/Fireflite/Adventurer may not work for a
Firesweep (a '59 would've been MS1).

=====