[FWDLK] Car Storage

Forward Lookers,

   * It is that time of year again in the great white north when I have
     to put the car away until spring. : (   I have put the car into
     hibernation many years now and have never used what the old-timers
     call fogging the engine.   This process involved putting some sort
     of oil down the carburetor (slowly) until the engine chokes out.
     Do any of you use this technique?   Will this have any bad effects
     on the engine?  Please give me your expert opinions.   Here is the
     rest of my check list for putting the old girl away.  Please add
     any other procedures that you guy and gals have found useful.
   * Wash and remove tar and bugs.
   * Fresh coat of polish
   * Fresh coat of wax
   * Give the chrome a once over with semichrome polish and put the dust
     cover on the car.
   * Take out the battery and put it in the basement (not next to the
     furnace) on a piece of wood.  I will charge the battery with a
     trickle charge about one a month and monitor the water level.
   * Put a few drops of oil in each cylinder and turn the engine over to
     move the oil around.
   * I have already topped off the tank with premium and added a fuel
     stabilizer.
   * Drive the car on the car jacket (enclosed storage bag made by
     evergreen industries)
   * Jack the car up and put on jack stands (just high enough to take
     the pressure off of the wheels)
   * Open all the windows.
   * Put the "stay dry" pellets in the car and under the car.
   * Zipper the bag shut. (And tell the old girl to have a good sleep)

Your added comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg Filtz (1956 Dodge Royal Lancer)