Re: [FWDLK] Plastic Fuel Filters

10-10-99

Dear Brian,

        Like I told another fellow, it isn't just older vehicles that are
falling victim to MTBE induced vehicle fires, and I think you made my
point, when you mentioned that the person who used a plastic bodied gas
filter, mounted it too close to the exhaust manifold. One needs to use a
healthy dose of common sense when using a plastic bodied filter on any
vehicle. If there isn't sufficient room available to mount the filter a
good distance away from any source of direct engine, or exhaust heat,
then use a metal bodied filter, or a if you so choose, an aftermarket
glass see through filter. It's always better to err on the side of
caution when working around vehicle fuel systems. The alternative could
be deadly.

                                Ben