Re: [FWDLK] Trans Trouble..ouch

The cast iron Torqueflite's are a little more complicated to rebuild than
the aluminum torqueflite.  The Cast iron TF for V-8 cars came out in 62, did
not have a Park position, but had a tranny mounted e-brake.  The 63 to 65
were still a cable operated unit, but had a Park lever, or park position in
the quadrant.  The 66 and later were used up until they came out with the
overdrive or possibly the trannies with the lockup converters.

The cast iron parts are getting harder to find, but not impossible.  I had a
tranny guy quote me $425 plus converter if it needed it to be rebuilt.  That
was for my 57 Chrysler with a 3 speed torqueflite.

$1000 sounds high to me.

The loadflite was a torqueflite with stiffer springs and heavier clutches,
as I recall.