[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] Part number reply

OOPS... I got that backwards.  Here's the straight scoop on 55/56 Plymouth
front bumpers:

The 1553852 bumper has two round holes for attaching the license plate
bracket.  The holes are 1/4" in diameter and 2-5/8" apart.  This bumper was
used as follows:

  Detroit - P26 up to S/N 13873932
  Detroit - P27 up to S/N 15719964
  Windsor - all P26, P27, P28 and P29

The 1634054 bumper has two slots for attaching the license plate bracket.
The slots are 1/4" wide and 2-1/2" long with 7" between centres.  The slotted
bumper was used as follows:

  Detroit - P26 after S/N 13873932
  Detroit - P27 after S/N 15719964
  Detroit - all P28 and P29
  Evansville - all P26, P27, P28 and P29
  Los Angeles - all P26, P27, P28 and P29

So I've learned something today...  my Detroit-built convertible has an
incorrect front bumper!

Robert Bishop
(3) '55 Plymouths - Windsor plant
(1) '55 Plymouth - Detroit plant