[FWDLK] Wiring

Nick,

I have used Rhode Island Wiring for my 56 Fury and was please with their
product.  I am doing a ground-up restoration and I required the cloth covered
original type wiring.

Under the dash wiring is made up of three harnesses.  They are separate
harnesses but you don't know which one you need until you take it apart.

     Dash to the engine,                      $217.00

     Dash to the dome light and tail lights        $252.00

     Dash to the courtesy lights and door switch   $  44.00

     Over all I purchases 8 different harnesses for my car and spent $600.

The wiring diagram will not tell you how long to make the wires.  You have to
completely take apart and remove the headliner to get to the main body harness
(dome light, tail lights).  The 50's style of wiring was a one piece end to end
connection and they used the "bullet" style connectors.  Only in the 60's did
they change to shorter wiring harnesses which were more modular (i.e. dash
harness, engine harness, body harness.....all separate and they used quick
connectors)

So. can your friend really make this harness for you and are you ready to take
apart your car?

ED
56 Fury
64 Dart Conv

While looking around under the dash of my 56 Savoy. I keep putting it off,
but she needs some new wiring. Has anybody used a kit from a manufacturer
like Rhode Island wiring. Or have you made one yourself. I was kicking the
idea of making one myself. I have to get in touch with a buddy. He works for
a place that builds ambulances. He told me that if I gave him a wiring
diagram, he could make me the harness at work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Nick