Re: [FWDLK] Mitchells

This may come as a surprise to some (all) of you, but Mitchells have
ripped me off!
A year ago, I was sent an offer from Mitchells to join their "Parts
Programme". (Monthly hot sheets of parts for your particular car, etc).
The charge for this was US$25.
I received one "hot sheet" which was just a two page list of parts that
I have received before just by asking-nothing special. And that's it!
I have received nothing else since.
About 3 months ago, I began sending them faxes and phone calls, even to
Frank Mitchell himself, asking to explain or refund my money.
Mitchells have not responded to a single solitary call or fax and I have
racked up about $50 in international call charges. (I live in New
Zealand).
Seriously, what can I do???? There is serious principle at stake here
and it is people like this that make it so damn hard to restore a car.
Over here it is illegal and I would take them to what is called a "small
claims court" for court issues under $5000.
Could someone please advise me what to do using the United States
system. What about the Better Business Bureau that I heard about a few
years ago? I want/have/need to punish these scumbags.
The money was debited out of my Visa card account. Surely this is
illegal and fraudulent over there? Somebody give me some advise to teach
these guys to play by the rules once and for all-surely I have a case?!
Glenn,
57 Fury,
New Zealand.