[FWDLK] Oddball cars

Guys,

Remember, a special option car is just that, a special car. They do not
represent the standard of the breed. Without documentation, they are
somebodys home made oddball. Our major problem (pre broadcast sheet era) is
no accurate build data. Without a 'pedigree' , almost all of our cars could
be 'mongrels' if they are not in 100% unrestored condition. This includes a
car where we add a correct factory option that it did not come with
originally or the original owner added it after purchase. (As built, as
modified) Most of our cars would have to shed a lot of accessories to be as
built. But a fully optioned two door hard top looks a lot better than a
stripped down four door Plaza. If you added the prettys, don't pass it off
as built. It's as modified. What was done in in the past will remain
unclear with out a build sheet. If a dealer adds the accessory before sale,
it could be considered as built, with a bill of sale. Most of the guys that
built them probably could not remember what special cars went down the
line. Too many cars, too many years, too many deceased.
Until we have a source of documentation, like Galen G, with the sources to
research, special cars will be a curiosity, not necessarily a concrete
fact.

Larry Stanley (Owner of mostly as modifieds)