Re: [FWDLK] Ballast Resistor 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

Re: [FWDLK] Ballast Resistor 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

All,

That was what my great uncle told me. He was a mechanic for all of his
life. ( Almost 50 years. Started when he was 16 ) The man could repair
anything that was on wheels.

Yes, E=IxR. But a coil is not a resistor. It is an inductor that has
resistance in it. Also, as a resistor heats, the resistance changes. All
these occur under your hood. Why are my coils marked 12 volt instead of 6
volt? All are origional or number correct N.O.S.

Larry

> From: Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Ballast Resistor 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial
> Date: Friday, August 21, 1998 9:55 AM
>
> Ok, ok, people.  Settle down...  If I have to separate you two, you're
BOTH
> going to sit in the time-out room during recess.  =)
>
> Let's keep the comments civil, and remember that with email, you often
can't
> tell when people are joking.  Using "smileys" or "emoticons" can help.
Here are