[FWDLK] Ballast Resistor 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

[FWDLK] Ballast Resistor 1955 vs. 1956 Imperial

"The resistor is used to reduce the current to the coil not to reduce the
voltage."  What bullshit.  Ohm's Law says E=IR.  So if you increase R
(resistance) you get a voltage drop.  The resistor reduces the voltage
across the coil, and this reduces the series current through both the coil
and the points.  You'ld fail as an electrical engineer in my town.  Six
volt cars did not need or use ballast resistors.  The coils were wound to
draw the correct point current at six volts.  It's when you switch your
production to twelve volt cars in 1956 that you can save some money if you
can use up the six volt coil production from 1955 and before using a
dropping resistor.

Richard